Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Day at a New Job

Yesterday, I started my new job... Well it is a job I have held briefly in the past, but after prayerful consideration we decided I should change careers again. I became a stay-at-home mom.  This is what Zach and I decided was best for our kids, all three of them.

So my first day at my new job started with a trip to the dentist's office. I am so excited. I have the kids ready, lunches are packed, book bags are packed, and now they are packed in the car. I feel like this is going to be great!  We are running early (something that never occurred when I was a "working mom"). In my mind I say, Now as a stay at home mom I will be early always.  We drive down Buffalo Gap, and I am singing to myself, so cheerful, so happy, This is the day the Lord has made.  I am made to be a stay at home mom.

We arrive at the dentist's office with ten minutes to spare.  I am hoping they can be seen a little early so they miss less school. The receptionist calls me up to her desk:

Her: Um, Mrs. Fulton?
Me: Yes ma'am.
Her: It seems that the kids are a bit early for their appointment.
Me: (I smile to myself), Oh yes, I know their appointment isn't for another ten minutes, so we can just wait.
Her: (Now she is smiling too) Yes, you see their appointments are for tomorrow at 8:20....
Me: (I now feel sheepish and wonder why I didn't look at the markerboard calendar we have hanging up in our kitchen to remind us of times and DAYS of appointments)  Is that right?  Well, then, we'll see you tomorrow.

I laugh at myself, and walk the kids back to the car and drive them to school. What a great start to my first day at my new job! :)

3 comments:

  1. Lol I'm sure tomorrow will bring more excitement! Congrats on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, thanks for the laugh! You'll get the hang of it... so they say, when you do, come teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new job. It really is the best career out there!

    ReplyDelete