Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Celebrate 28!

I am still in awe of the birthday I had yesterday. It was full of joy and blessings. God has truly blessed me with a husband that never ceases to amaze me and love me. I can't believe I am 28... I don't feel a day over 27 & 364 days!

Let the Celebration Begin...

Saturday we were planning on a dinner with us and one other couple. I asked about inviting others, Zach assured me he had it under control and that he had invited others but everyone else had plans. It made me a little bummed, and homesick for South Texas, but I knew we'd have a good time with a small intimate dinner. Zach said it was my choice, so I chose the Beehive since we hadn't eaten there yet. When we arrived Zach informed the hostess he had called ahead and we were here for the party of TWENTY?!?!!?  When I walked to the back I saw a room full of my friends, new and old. I was so surprised and excited. Zach and Rachel had worked together to get some wonderful people to join us and celebrate my birthday.

Then yesterday the morning started with getting the kids ready for their first day of school. I made waffles and we ate breakfast as a family and then I opened the gifts from the kids and Zach. The gifts will come and go, but watching the kids' faces watch me was priceless. They were so excited because they had put so much heart and thought into my gifts. So had Zach. They were beautiful!  I then had a delicious lunch with Zach and Regina. It was nice to sit and visit. Then I came home and anxiously waited for the clock to tell me I could go pick up the kids and hear about their first day of school.  I knew Branden would be fine, but I was terribly anxious for Kristyn.

Kristyn is special, she doesn't adjust as quickly and simply as Branden does to transition. She is more apprehensive. It seems as though each year in school has brought new transitions for my stinkerbell: divorce, remarriage, separation of her family. Each year though she has had the "right" teacher to help her. Kristyn thrives in nurturing, soft, meek (not doormat, meek) teaching environments.  Yesterday as I picked Kristyn up I was sure she again had been placed in that type of classroom. Her teacher, Mrs. Redden, was incredibly sweet and encouraging. She told me what a sweet daughter I had and she knew Kristyn was going to have a great year.

Branden, of course, made a new best friend. He loves his teacher and his classroom. I was so excited to hear what a great day they had. It was the best gift.

Last night I got to eat Chinese takeout (Yum!) for dinner, and enjoyed a relaxing evening with my husband as the kids exhaustively fell asleep from their first day of school.

I had the BEST birthday ever! I am so blessed because I get a lifetime more of them with this wonderful loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment