Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Top 10 Memories of Year # 28

These memories are in no particular order, but I thought it would be fun to look back at the amazingly blessed year I have had!

1. Taking the kids to their first day at a new school!  It was roller coaster school year, but to see them start at a new school with a smile on their face was awesome.
2. Learning that a boxer WILL eat a raw turkey if he can get to it and is not supervised. (This is probably one of my all time favorite holiday memories!)
3. Spending Christmas in St. Thomas.
4. Meeting my niece Sophia Jean.
5. Learning we were going to have a baby!
6. Sissy and Bubba's reactions to having a new brother or sister.
7. Seeing Zach's face when the sonogram tech told us "You're going to have a boy."
8. Spending quality time with my 93 year old great-grandmother, and seeing her fawn on her great-great grandchildren.
9. Hearing Sissy tell me that she was happy my job was to stay home and take care of her and Bubba.  She said it was the most important job.
10. Anytime Bubba asks randomly if he can cuddle with me. 

I have been blessed beyond measure... I have so many more memories that are also collective. This was our first full year in Abilene and the friendships I have made have helped me grow in the Lord, and helped make this first year, the transition year, a memorable and wonderful one.
Each day my husband and kids remind me of the Lord's love. He has blessed me with an incredible family and their love fills me with joy. Year #29 will be just as memorable, even more so since I will have an extra member to our family to add to our memory books. Cheers to a new year!

1 comment:

  1. Abilene is a great place to find strong Christian people. I have many friends there! I am so happy for you and your growing family, especially for all your wonderful blessings!! May the Lord continue to watch over you! Love, Ms. Coleman

    ReplyDelete