Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Our Baby is a Lemon...

Since we found out we were going to have a baby, I signed up for different maternity e-newsletters. One of my favorites comes from The Bump. The kids love this one too, because each week it gives the reader something tangible to grasp how large or small the baby is. You can give me inches and ounces all day long and I can't visualize it, but tell me something is the side of a poppy seed and I gotcha!  The kids are the same way.

So, immediately after we told them they were going to have a brother or sister they wanted to know how big was it? Why wasn't my belly big? Why can't you tell if it is a boy or a girl?  I went to the bump and found this a great reference to explain how small the baby was at the time. Since then every few days one or both of our kiddos will ask, "How big is Cub today?" (That's our nickname for the baby, Cub) 

This week Cub is weighing in (approximately) at a whopping 1.5 oz, and 3.4 in.  Or if you are like me, this week Cub is the size of a lemon! I kinda miss last week. Last week Cub was a peach, and a peach baby sounds way sweeter than a lemon baby, but that's okay, in less than a week I will have a navel orange on my hands (or in utero rather), and we will just keep making our way through the produce section.

How Big Is Baby???

No comments:

Post a Comment