Friday, December 4, 2009

Life in Limbo

So as most of you know Zach and I are not living together. Earlier this summer we were served with a restraining order forcing us to keep the kids' residence within Nueces County. This has left us living our "honeymoon" period as a commuter couple. We have invested much time (and money) making sure we see each other as often as possible. Regardless this has been a trying time on our new family.
The hardest time of day is definitely at night for me. I get the kids in bed, curl up on the couch with a cup of tea or a glass of wine, and yearn to be curled up next to my husband watching whatever is on T.V. that night, or even lying in bed reading our books. I have cried many tears asking, "Why is this happening to us?"
To be honest back in May when I found my job in Cabot, AR, and we found our house and things sort of just fell into place, I couldn't imagine that things would come crumbling around us as they have. Zach and I however have been strong for each other. Our relationship continues to grow and strengthen in spite of the distance and stress thrust upon us.
We also have been blessed with a ton of moral support from friends. Prayers are greatly appreciated. God is teaching me through all of this that I am stronger than I imagined, but only because of Him. God is leading Zach and I to turn to Him more than we would've. I pray every night that God will lead us to the end, and allow our family to live together soon. And I will continue to pray for this. I also thank him daily (multiple times a day) for Zach and his strength. It is wonderful to have a partner that stands beside me and sometimes holds me up when I feel like lying down and drowning in self pity.
I don't have many answers, but I have faith that God does and He will reveal them in His time. And when He does I have to believe that it is going to be greater than anything I could have imagined or planned myself.
Please continue to pray for our family. And for continued strength and wisdom during this trial in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well with the hearing! Please let me know if you need anything!

    For some light reading on makeup, music, photography and fashion check out my blog... http://rocksteadymelanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete